Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The New Jersey Controversy

Hello everyone!

A few days ago, Icethetics revealed and "confirmed" the designs of quite a few new jerseys for the upcoming season. Many of them were not so drastically different from the sweaters that the teams already wore.

But one jersey that seemed to catch everyone's eye was the Islanders third jersey, which look like this



Almost every comment on their post was about these jerseys right here. And let me tell you, they were not exactly the most positive comments.

About how hideous they were, about how black is not our color, about grey is not our color, about that it doesn't show off our logo, and many, many more.

Also, there were a lot of complaints about how it was not traditional. Honestly, in my opinion, it's great that these are "un-traditional." The Islanders are all about the future, and so are these jerseys.

In my opinion, these jerseys are not bad. In fact, I quite like them. I think the black looks slick, and the whole jersey is very unique. Once they're being sold, I will absolutely buy one! But, I'll have to wait until the Islanders themselves confirm this design, which they have yet to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment